Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Ottawa Citizen taking note and making them, too.

Thank you to The Ottawa Citizen and reporter Kate Heartfield for listing Seen Reading as inspiration for this great piece on literary exploration.

I went Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally when I read this:

Book-reading on buses is not a sign of a society addicted to convenience and distraction. On the contrary: It is inconvenient to carry a book around all day. It takes effort and decision.

Seriously, in my head I was pounding pastrami off the table. (That didn't sound quite right...)

It's fun, eh, Kate?

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Thanks, Julie, for your insightful comments and hard work in making this blog such an interesting place to visit. I tend to put it in in a "bank" for a few days and resist coming over and then withdraw it in big chunks to savour it a little more!
Great work, I've been meaning to write for a while...

Julie Wilson said...

That's very kind. Thank you, oh, wisewebwoman! Do you think the same goes for chocolate? Saving up the whole bar to eat in one go? ;)

Thanks for visiting. I hope you continue to enjoy!