Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bloor Line, on the edge of her seat, ready for the next stop.

Caucasian woman, early 40s, with brown bob with blonde streaks growing out, wearing a pink and grey floral silk blazer, a silver pendant pointing south like an arrowhead.

Isobel's Wedding, Sheila O'Flanagan (McArthur & Co.)

Page 121:

I left work early and drove to his house. His car wasn't there. I stood at the front door and opened the letterbox while I clutched the keys in my hand. It seemed such a final thing to do. I debated with myself for a moment, then unlocked the door.

Capricorn (Dec. 22—Jan. 20)

You have been through something challenging, but it has been good for you. Progress will now come where there was once just frustration.


She stared at the computer screen, head spinning, mouth dry. She popped a Gravol and waited for the night before to stop its assault, one blur after another, and the ache of remembering her broken promise, that no more would she sleep with him.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

"the ache of remembering her broken promise".
Lovley words, thanks!

Julie Wilson said...

Hey, I thought about you today! Did you make the drive?