Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bloor Line, early in to work.

Caucasian woman, early 20s, with long blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail, face free of make up, wearing yoga pants and jacket, her work clothes rolled neatly into a canvas bag.

The Jane Austen Book Club, Karen Fowler (Plume)

Page 189:

Well, it seemed to me if a crow told you to do something you should do it. I left without even changing my clothes. I walked right off the ranch. It was miles and miles to a road with any traffic, and it rained before I was halfway there. Great gobs of rain, so thick I could hardly see through.

She reads the passage five times over before finally giving in, counting the calories of a long weekend, calculating how much sleep she'll lose this week coming in early each day to work off all that she's thankful for.

No comments: