Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Gladstone Hotel, Shameless Magazine launch

Caucasian woman, early 20s, with long brown hair, far part, bangs swept over one eye, wearing black wharf jacket, pale blue eyes looking to the side over her high collar.

Shameless Magazine, Issue 11, Winter/Spring 2008 (Shameless Media)

Page 23:

These moments of connection inspire much of my activism, academic and artistic work, which seeks to challenge our ideas about sexiness. I was tired of never seeing sexy images of people with disabilities. So, after much thought, and encouragement from my best friend (who's an amazing photographer), we decided to change that.
Mrs. M (Maciejewski) was of no relation. She had worked with the girl's grandmother twenty years earlier in the secretarial pool of a small but successful company that sold ice to restaurants and, eventually, larger corporations and the occasional fair ground. Everyone needed ice.

Mrs. M moved into the retirement home a year after her husband died. She'd done all the cooking, all the bill keeping. But he'd done all the driving. Their car hadn't so much as left the garage for five years but should the need arise, should she, for example, need to get to the hospital, he'd argued, he was the one with the license. And he'd be damned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else
encountering issues with your site. It looks like some of the text
in your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
This may be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen previously. Kudos

my web blog ... erectile dysfunction etiology