Monday, June 25, 2007

Waiting patiently to get on at Yonge.

Black woman, early 20s (maybe late teens), wearing skinny jeans, studded black belt, red sleeveless t-shirt and flip flops.

Body Clutter: Love Your Body, Love Yourself, Marla Cilley & Leanne Ely (Fireside)

About page 5:

However, there is always room for improvement. One of the neatest things about the journey of life is the ability to redefine oneself. Self-assessment can be painful at times, but all growing pains lead to growth, which is the important thing. If we are not growing, we are stagnating and, to me, that's a fate worse than death.

She rubs her arm, fingering the length of her tricep, and glances up occasionally, considering her reflection in the doorway. She adjusts her stance, poking at her hips jutting beyond the waist of her low slung jeans. I'm tempted to say, "That's bone. It's not going anywhere." But I know that for the past week I've been picturing my solo, single march down Church Street, row of rainbows greeting my arrival, hoping, just hoping, that this is the year I'm finally comfortable in my own skin.

No comments: